UPDATE - August 1, 2020
Our adoption center remains closed.
We will continue with the food bank for registered customers the first and last Saturday of the month.
The new food bank hours will be 10am to 12noon.
Please look for adoption opportunities on our Facebook page.
Pet Food Bank
FOOD BANK NOTICE
Effective March 1 st 2017
Our food distribution is dependent on donations and we are no longer able to keep up with demand.
We regret to inform you, we now must limit distribution to 6 cans and one bag pet food regardless of the number of pets you have in your home. The sizes will vary depending on what we have in house. We may not always be able to able to supply you with specific food you request.
Our guidelines will remain the same:
- Proof of residence for Frederick County, Maryland
- It can be a driver license, a county or utility bill with your name and address on it or similar document.
- Food can only be given out to a household once a month.
We suggest you check in with distribution at the following:
- Frederick County Human Society - 550 Highland Street, Suite 200 Frederick, or call (301) 694-8300
- Frederick County Animal Control - 1832 Rosemont Ave, Frederick Md, 301-600- 1546, hours MTF 10-5, W Th. 12-8 Sat 10-5
- Also, please check with county Food Banks, some will offer pet food to qualifying residents.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.